Pages

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

THE TESTIMONY OF CHRIST

December 16, 2010

D A I L Y G O S P E L

If the Jews are truly honest in their judgment of Him, Jesus knows that they will find in His favor. Yes, His ministry as Messiah is nothing like what they were expecting, but they ought to have expected that in the first place because God is not predictable except in His love and mercy. Their stubbornness is reaching epic proportions and is about to lead them seriously astray. Jesus will not “change His tune” as He is acting according to His Father’s will; it is they who need to reassess their position.

John 5:33-36 (or Luke 7:24-30)

33 Jesus said to the Jews: “You sent emissaries to John, and he testified to the truth. 34 I do not accept testimony from a human being, but I say this so that you may be saved. 35 He was a burning and shining lamp, and for a while you were content to rejoice in his light. 36 But I have testimony greater than John’s. The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment