Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

THE WIDOW AND HER OFFERING


November 22, 2010

D A I L Y G O S P E L

Ouch! Sometimes the parables of Jesus hit home so hard. I wonder whether I am able to be a little more generous in the way I support the Church and the poor? This is a critical question today as the Church seeks to reorient itself to becoming more and more the Church of the Poor, forsaking the comforts and benefits of the life of wealth for the preferential option to stand in solidarity with the poor.

Luke 21:1-4

1 When Jesus looked up he saw some wealthy people putting their offerings into the treasury 2 and he noticed a poor widow putting in two small coins. 3 He said, “I tell you truly, this poor widow put in more than all the rest; 4 for those others have all made offerings from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has offered her whole livelihood.”

No comments:

Post a Comment